Currently Viewing: Fuel Management Miami | Effective Fuel Management Systems | Fleet Fueling | Home
Retail vs. Our Fuel Management Solution
- Inability to restrict product grades at the dispenser
- Drivers are able purchase mid-grade or premium, which can increase your per gallon cost by as much as $.30 alone! Detection is only after the fact at time of billing.
- Transactions involve c-store clerks who disregard your fuel purchasing policies
- Store owners and clerks care more about making money than enforcing your fuel purchasing policies. They have no risk, and often facilitate abuse for their own personal gain.
- Ability for clerks to add non-fuel items to the transaction
- C-stores are laden with temptation for drivers who abuse your fuel purchasing rules by adding beer, cigarettes, snacks, soda, gloves and much more to your fuel bill.
- Ability for clerks to disguise non-fuel items as fuel
- One of the most insidious abuses of a fuel management program is when clerks convert non-fuel items into fuel. The only possible detection is through detailed MPG analysis.
- Increased labor expense and lost productivity due to congested facility and waiting in line to pay
- Retail stores often add between 10 to 20 minutes to the fueling event over a Pacific Pride Commercial Fueling location.
- Insufficient information reporting necessary to detect abuse
- Many retail fueling options fail to report time, date, gallons, product grade, price per gallon, odometer reading, or tax breakouts, all of which is critical to managing a fleet.